Darren at Living Room posted 10 "Church Planting Lessons." Here is an overview:
1. DNA - Get some sort of DNA/Core Values etc together.
2. Mission needs to be central.
3. Read 'The Shaping of Things to Come' - by Alan Hirsch and Michael Frost. It is the best thing I've read written about missional church.
4. Multiplication rather than Addition.
5. Simplicity - Replica-table.
6. Incarnation... because our approach to mission and church is incarnational.
7. Sending vs Attractional approach.
8. Participation is key.
9. Community - Shared life.
10. Have fun!
Get the full scoop at his site.
I would love to hear from others what they have learned in the process of planting churches!!!